2013/10/27

Paper Marbling Art 'Ebru'

I'd like to talk about one of the most famous Turkish Art, Marbling. We call as 'Ebru' in Turkish language.
You can produce patterns similar to smooth marble or other stone so the name of Marbling art has the same root with Marble.

I tried to do this one last year. I took many courses for a year. It is very difficult one but really makes you feel cool and calm.
For the technical details, you can visit Vikipedia page;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_marbling

A shallow tray is filled with water, and various kinds of ink or paint colors are carefully applied to the surface with an ink brush.

Tulips is one of the famous design for Turkish version art. It symbolizes Islamic culture.



Kubra Cakar
27/10
/2013 Sunday 01:12 @Istanbul
kiara.kubra@gmail.com I kubracakar@aol.com I www.about.me/kubracakar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...